Dallas Market Center President and CEO Cindy Morris presents at the 2022 Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards.
2022 Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards Winners Named for June 22-28 Dallas Total Home & Gift Market Event
The Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards celebrate “outstanding manufacturers in the gourmet food industry exhibiting in Dallas,” according to a statement from the Dallas Market Centers. Dozens of companies submitted entries and the winners were honored at a ceremony at the World Trade Center during the market.
The winners of the Gourmet Gold Specialty Food Awards were named as follows:
- Best Baked – cookies, cakes, breads, mixes: Oatmeal Scotchie Cookies by Oh, Sugar!
- Best drink – hot or cold: Big Bayou Bloody Mary Mix – Original by Big Bayou Cocktail Sauces
- Best chocolate candies/desserts – includes sauces, pies, cakes, cookies: Baratti & Milano Cremino Classico by Baratti & Milano
- Best condiment I – sauces, seasonings: Honey Hot Sauce by Savannah Bee Company
- Best Condiment II – oils, vinegars, dressings: Dark Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar by Tastefully Olive
- Best Fruit Confit – jams, jellies, preserves, marmalades: Raven’s Nest Original Strawberry Jalapeno Jam | Gourmet + Gift
- Best healthy lifestyle – includes organic, gluten-free, sugar-free and vegan products: Chain Reaction by Casa M Spice
- Best non-chocolate sweets/desserts – includes caramels, taffy, crunches, pralines, cookies: LUXE Strawberry Sugar Cube by Teaspressa
- The best of cooking and entertainment: Fire Fishing Pole Campfire Rotisserie by Firebuggz
- Best snack – dips, salsas, nuts: Fire Mission by GI Jerky
- Best soup or chili: Tomato Basil Bisque by Ala Carte Alice
Judging was based on originality, taste and packaging. This year’s judges included Maria Whitworth, Director of Marketing and Publicity for Edible Dallas Fort Worth Magazine; Andrew Shipman, General Manager of Billy Can Can Restaurant; and Cullen Potts, co-owner of Berkley’s Market.
The Dallas Market Center also honored the winners of its Dallas Total Home & Gift Market 2022 Best Visual Presentation Awards last week and the winners of its 13th annual Dallas Market Center Lightovation Showroom of the Year Awards were announced after the race of the June 22 to 25.
See also from GDA:
Adelaide “Addie” Elliott is associate editor specializing in retail coverage for Furniture Today and Casual Living. Previously, she also served as a web editor for These Brands and Designers Today. Before being promoted in May 2019 to web editor, Adelaide worked as an editorial intern at Furniture Today for a year. Reach her on Twitter at @AElliott_Writes or by email at [email protected]