From left to right: the Criss-Cross, Happy Day and Metropolis collections.
New designs recently added to the Genevieve Gorder and COCOCOZY licensed carpet programs debut at the Capel Rugs Showroom at the Las Vegas Market January 23-27 in Building A, Space A-133 at the World Market Center. The line is also extended to Market.
âWe are excited to share these stylish new rugs with customers in the West and other markets,â said Cameron Capel, President of Sales and Marketing for Capel Rugs. âThe presentations we made at these two programs were a great success in the fall, and we expect the latest Genevieve Gorder and COCOCOZY designs to gain even more floor space for us in the market. winter.”
One of America’s favorite interior fashion experts, Genevieve Gorder is an award-winning designer and TV host, appearing regularly on Netflix, HGTV, including the 2021 White House Christmas Tour, Sony Channel Asia and The Design Network and as a regular contributor to Rachael Ray. In 2011, she partnered with Capel Rugs to create the successful Genevieve Gorder line of rugs.
âGeneviÃ¨ve finds beauty and inspiration in everyday life and reinterprets these elements to create unique, playful and trendy designs,â said Capel.
At the Las Vegas market in January, Capel Rugs will highlight a wide range of new Genevieve Gorder designs. Introductions include four easy-care 100% olefin machine-woven Wilton groups:
- Deco, three architecturally inspired patterns in gray, natural and multicolored shades with long hairs. A timeless marriage of pattern and form, Deco features simple recto-linear geometries combined with a beautiful curve. A 5ft x 8ft carpet can cost less than $ 349.
- Arrows, a group of three geometric patterns in bright colors in gray, natural and multicolored colors. Imperfectly perfect with a hand-drawing feel, Arrows fits perfectly into any room in the house. A 5ft x 8ft carpet can cost less than $ 349.
- La FÃªte de Dot, a long-haired design in a vibrant multicolored colourway. Suitable for any room looking for a fun accent, La FÃªte de Dot features colorful dot sequins dancing against a cream background. A 5ft x 8ft carpet can cost less than $ 349.
- Tropical Fete, a lush design inspired by nature in three unique colourways of multi blue, multi red and multi sun. A 5 ‘x 8’ carpet can cost less than $ 249.
In addition, the Genevieve Gorder line for Capel Rugs also offers two new models of reversible woven dhurrie rugs in 100% PET fiber recycled from plastic. For indoor and outdoor use, these new collections include:
- Azteca features simple and familiar shapes from ancient times. Azteca is available in three sizes and two colourways – indigo / taupe and multi gray – with a 5ft x 8ft rug retailing under $ 499.
- With a repeating motif that transforms into spontaneous moments, Vintage Moroc creates a clever dance of ancient forms. Three sizes and five colors are available: green gray, black gray, indigo gray. A 5ft x 8ft carpet can cost less than $ 499.
Criss-Cross, a hand-tufted cut-and-loop hi-lo construction crafted in India from 100% undyed wool with natural and graphite colourways, completes the latest additions to the Genevieve Gorder line. Inspired by old basket designs, Criss-Cross features simple geometric shapes that are familiar but new. Three sizes are available and a 5ft x 8ft rug can cost less than $ 499.
Capel Rugs’ COCOCOZY program is also being expanded with an assortment of dynamic new designs. Los Angeles-based entrepreneur, design blogger and home furnishings designer Colette Shelton – also known as “COCO” – is one of Forbes Magazine’s Top 30 Influencers and has featured in numerous online and print publications. , including House Beautiful, Architectural Digest, Lonny, Domino, Rue and Mon Domaine.
âCOCO is a very creative designer with a knack for creating avant-garde rugs that are livable and affordable,â said Capel.
At the Las Vegas market, Capel Rugs will present five COCOCOZY transitional / contemporary collections. They include two 100% hand-tufted wool collections made in India: Escape, in denim and cloud colors; and Pulse, in mineral / cream, graphite and mushroom / cream colourways. Both collections feature a very low textured pile that uses a mix of curly and chopped yarns in different thicknesses. A 5ft x 8ft rug in either collection can cost less than $ 499.
Additionally, COCOCOZY launches Happy Day, a tufted loop construction sourced from India with 100% recycled PET yarns with a fun and upbeat design in meadow, marble and onyx colourways; and Cobblestone, a transition pattern woven by Wilton in 100% olefin with cream / blue and mushroom colourways. A 5ft x 8ft Cobblestone carpet can cost less than $ 349.
In addition to the new licensed rugs, Capel Rugs is also presenting a new transitional-style collection in Las Vegas called Freeport. Inspired by the serene harbor village and picturesque views of Casco Bay, Maine, Freeport’s themes and colors reflect classic seaside scenes, from sandy beaches to the unique shades of the area’s waters.
Handwoven in India from 100% wool, Freeport features a reversible construction available in six colourways: sage, gray, cloud, navy, vanilla and beige. The rugs feature a slight abrash effect on solid tones as well as a ribbed pattern. A wide range of sizes are available and a 5ft x 8ft carpet can cost less than $ 380.
Another novelty for the Capel Rugs line, two new models have been added to the Metropolis collection: Braga, in a slate color, and Madeira, in a multi color. Metropolis is a Wilton woven collection of transitional and traditional designs made from 100% New Zealand wool. Capel Rugs plans to add more colors to the popular collection in early 2022.
During the market, Capel Rugs runs a special “Buy More, Save More” promotion on its latest introductions as well as existing collections. The promotion starts with a 10% discount on the purchase of 10 to 14 rugs. For purchases of 15-19 rugs, buyers will receive a 15% discount, and purchases of 20 or more rugs will receive a 20% discount.
About Capel Rugs
Headquartered in Troy, NC, Capel Rugs offers more rugs in more categories than any other rug company, including original woven rugs and woven rugs made in North Carolina for over 100 years; the best hand-knotted rugs, top-selling hand-tufted rugs, innovative machine-made rugs, children’s rugs and easy-care outdoor performance rugs. Still family owned and operated. For more information, visit www.capelrugs.com.
Furniture industry news and in-depth magazine articles for furniture retail, furniture manufacturers and furniture distributors.
Read more articles from Nic Ledoux